When receiving livefoods in cold weather livefood can appear lifeless, it’s important to follow the below steps to ensure you can bring your livefoods ‘back to life’.
- Unpack all boxes immediately.
- Carefully lay out each box / bag in a warm room, allowing enough space for air to naturally circulate around them.
- The ideal room temperature should be around 18c – 22c.
- Under no circumstance should you apply external heat.
- Do not place on heat strips, in a warm vivarium, next to a hot radiator or in direct sunlight. This will likely kill them!
Livefoods will normally recover in around 4 - 6 hours from being unpacked following the above instructions.
Your Livefood Guarantee
Livefood is guaranteed to arrive alive as specified in the product description. We purposely pack a couple of extra insects into most of our tubs to ensure you always get the right number of live bugs, even when a couple may perish during transit.
While uncommon, if a tub/bag of insects arrives that does not meet these standards please send us a message alongside a photo of the affected insects and we will always put this right.
You can email us with a brief description of the issue and photos to
Please include your order number so we can quickly resolve any issues.