Exo Terra Frog Pond Pebble Water Dish
The presence of clean and fresh water is important for the proper care and maintenance of captive reptiles and amphibians. The Exo Terra? Frog Pond has a very natural and realistic pebble-rock finish that integrates in any type of terrarium. The Frog Pond's unique shape allows you to install the pond semi-recessed in the substrate to mimic a riparian zone. This design offers easy access for reptiles and amphibians to hydrate while the shallow water body and integrated steps prevent the animals from drowning.
- Ideal for Poison Dart Frogs, Tree Frogs and various other amphibians
- Natural pebble-rock look integrates in any type of terrarium
- Recessed placement allows reptiles and amphibians easy access
- The shallow water body and integrated steps prevent animals from drowning
- Easy to clean food-grade resin prevents development of harmful bacteria
Amphibians do not drink water but instead replenish their moisture and ion levels through their skin via osmosis. They absorb water, via their permeable skin from the humidity in their environment as well as by sitting with their backside in a shallow water body, soaking up moisture. Because most amphibians reproduce in temporary or permanent shallow pools, or carry their tadpoles to these water bodies, the Frog Pond is an important feature in every tropical terrarium.
Offer fresh and clean water on a daily basis!
Large: 17 x 13.5 x 6cm